Dreaming of becoming a Digital Nomad and don’t know which city to kick off your world tour? Or are you an experienced nomad and in search of your next destination? Try out one of these hotspots for remote workers + best cities in the world for digital nomads!
#8 Budapest, Hungary
City of Spas, the Good Life
- Its rich spa heritage make Budapest a destination to relax your soul and body. Spend the day working at numerous cafes and exploring excellent public transportation, and your evening relaxing at a bath.
- Budepest celebrates art, architecture, history, and life’s best indulgences – take in all the city as to offer on weekends. Use Foursquare to find places to work and attractions to visit.
#7 Medellin, Colombia
Eternal Spring, Live the Latin Life
- Modern infrastructure and mountainous region makes it a paradise for both hikers and digital nomads. This city is equal parts caribbean oasis + haven for location independent entrprenuers.
- Celebrate the traditional culture during annual holidays such as Christmas and the Flower Festival. Experience Latin music, food, nightlife and more in Medellin!
#6 Ubud, Bali
Live like Royalty, Work in Paradise
- Exchange rates fluctuate, but you will more than likely have more Indonesian rupiah than you’ll know what to do with. This means you can swap hostels for lavish apartments for less money!
- The center of Ubud is very walkable, or rent a moped. Fresh produce markets and yoga classes are abundant and a nice break during the work day.
#5 Prague, Czech Republic
Where the beer is cheaper than water!
- Prague is perfect for solo females, nightlife, co-working spaces, safe and affordable living. Find friendly and cheap rentals on Airbnb.com
- Prague is a modern hotspot that boasts a bustline tech epicentre, paired with historical arthitecture and plenty of streets perfect for Instagramming.
#4 Split, Croatia
Sunshine and Tech, Panoramic Views
- Fast internet, beautiful history, and unique architecture and scenery make Split a rising city for DM culture.
- Locals speak excellent English, although nighlife is fairly non-existent Monday through Thursday, but bring your bathing suit and hit the beach instead.
- Virtually untouched by WWII, Split blends a trendy city with Instagram-worthy skylines and 360 degree views.
#3 Ljubljana, Slovenia
Untouched and Invigorating, Laid Back 9-5
- Ljubljana is incredibly clean and relaxed. There’s great city-wide internet access and a lively nightlife on weekends.
- Locals speak English and Ljubljana is a central spot in Europe to take the train to many nearby countries and landscapes!
#2 Chiang Mai, Thailand
Startup City, Popular for First Timers
- Super affordable living and a strong community of Digital Nomads make Chiang Mai a popular destination for newcomers to the Digital Nomad lifestyle.
- Stay in the Nimman area to meet other expats expanding their business or startup. Chiang Mai is a coffee capital of the world, so get your work done in one of hundreds of cafes.
#1 Lisbon, Portugal
Europe’s San Francisco, A Warm Welcome
- Lisbon features a growing tech scene while retaining it’s local charm and spirit. Travelers from all over the world rave about this seaside town.
- Cosmpolitan, vibrant, and bursting at the seams with Digital Nomad culture. Hit the beaches and surf the internet here in Lisbon. Brand new world-class hostels make it easy to find a short-term home here.